Overview and Introduction: Affiliated Organizations and their Programs
Meet the International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) and the affiliated organizations that impact the playground industry and work toward the goal of making play both as safe and enjoyable as possible.
How are consumers and families being protected from hazardous products? How can you find a qualified playground contractor? Who works to promote equality for people with disabilities and accessible design?
Learn all of this and more by completing this course! Make sure you know who the key players are in ensuring that play areas are safe for our children.
This course will introduce you to the following organizations:
• International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA)
• American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) International
• US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
• Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
• International Playground Contractors Association (NPCAI)
• National Program for Playground Safety (NPPS)
• National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)
• US Access Board
Instructions: Please watch the video and then take the assessment (10 multiple-choice questions) to complete the course. You may pause the video or exit and resume watching at any time. You must complete the video before moving on to the assessment. All 10 questions must be answered correctly, but you are able to retake the assessment as many times as needed to pass.